Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Hibachi Express

Hibachi Express is a tiny Japanese restaurant located in Alpharetta. It is in a strip mall at the intersection of Old Milton Parkway and Devore Road.

To begin with, a Hibachi is a traditional Japanese grill, akin to the Indian tandoor. It is meant to slow cook food over charcoal. This is what gives the food the tantalizing aroma and tenderness. For the last three years I've been going to the Starbucks right next to this restaurant and have always appreciated the smells wafting out. Last week I decided to step in. I'm glad I did. They serve all kinds of Hibachi food, from chicken to scallops. The entree comes with a big portion of rice and a choice between various stir fried vegetables. The low-carb'ers like me can opt for additional veggies, no rice. All this for $8.


The picture alongside is a Hibachi. I'm definitely going back.