Monday, March 30, 2009

Roasters

Well first of all, welcome back to Atlanta. After a three month long hiatus, I'm back to blogging from the place I now call home. Since I fell back in my blog posts, I now have a stash of rather interesting restaurants and foods to write about. I will begin with a little-known place on Roswell road that serves lip-smacking Southern food; the kind that Paula Dean would call ‘comfort food’.

‘Roasters’ is a Southern chain that, among its loyal patrons, is known for its simple home-style cooking. It’s no wonder that I was referred to this place by a longtime Atlanta local. The menu is rather overwhelming actually; there’s everything from the ubiquitous hot wings to baby back ribs and biscuits. Warm bread rolls and corn muffins were served complimentarily with big dollops of butter. The glutton in me chose the combo as for the entrée – a combination of ¼ rotisserie chicken and a plate of pulled barbeque pork. It had a choice of 2 sides – fried okra and corn niblets for me. I can’t for the life of me remember what SK chose. I guess that’s why should immediately document my ‘findings’. I do recall the dessert though, who wouldn’t! – a warm peach cobbler with vanilla ice-cream. No wonder the tage line says 'Welcome Home'!