Saturday, November 24, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

The first time I tried my hand at stuffing a turkey was two years ago; of course, it was the infamous five who chipped in together - too many cooks did not spoil that broth! This year, I baked some turkey too, not a whole one but just turkey breasts.

Marinade:
3 Tbs Olive Oil
2-3 Basil leaves
1 Tbs Sage
1 Tbs Thyme
5 Tbs lemon
5 Tbs cooking sherry
Chili Flakes
Salt to taste

I marinated this a day in advance. I then caramalized some onions, sauteed it in garlic, made big slits on the side of the turkey breasts and then stuffed the onions in it. It took a good two and a half hours to bake and become tender.

For the gravy I bought the Mc Cormick's ready-made gravy powder. It turned out pretty good I think, considering it was my first solo attempt!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE