Thursday, September 11, 2008

Breakfast for a King


Breakfasts, for me, have long since become a thing of the past. While I do, on occasion, question the sanctity of this decision, for the most part; time or the lack of it simply prevents me from indulging in breakfast. Labor-Day, for this reason, and so many more, was such a beautiful, welcome and refreshing change.

Of all the meals we prepared, I think our breakfast was my favorite. There’s something to getting up to a dewy morning and nursing a cup of coffee on the front deck that makes breakfast-time even more inviting. Of course, the fact that we prepared it together, amidst a lot of laughs and bustle, laid out the wooden bench with matching napkins and silverware and sat down together to eat made it so much more enjoyable.

Poha with thokku, pancakes with bananas and syrup and OJ; all while surrounded by the North GA wilderness and the Brasstown Bald mountains. Heaven!