Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Benihana

Benihana is a Japanese restaurant chain, one that serves the most succulent sea-food I’ve ever tasted. What started out from selling off a cart in New York has now become a restaurant chain that’s famous the world over.

I ate at Benihana only recently; was my birthday lunch courtesy the company! The uniqueness of this restaurant is highlighted by the dining arrangement; the table itself is a flaming, hot rectangular Hibachi with chairs around three sides of it. The chef wheels the raw ingredients on a cart and after a stunning display of knife-jugglery proceeds to cook the food right in front of you. I had the Hibachi special; a combination of shrimp, clams and muscles. It was served with white rice and a Japanese pickle. I loved it and am looking forward to going with SK another time. I will sample the sake for sure!