Wednesday, October 22, 2008

These are a few of my favorite..

.....SOUPS

Well now that the temperatures have dipped and there’s a welcome chill in the air, what better comfort food than a bowl of warm soup.

This past Saturday I had Gumbo, and for the first time, I really enjoyed it. This was from the one and only Atlanta Bread Company. So that’s what prompted this list; a list of my top five favorite soups and where I find them.

5) Cream of MushroomCampbell’s
“Campbell’s chicken soup, possibility.” Well more than a possibility Campbell’s soup out of a can has been a necessity for me; these past few years. My favorite is the cream of mushroom soup. One can and you’re done.

4) Tomato Basil SoupBoneheads
While Boneheads maybe know for its PiriPiri chicken, I like it for its rich tomato basil soup; clear and with more than just a hint of basil. Actually more than me, this is an all-time favorite of SK’s and he was the one to introduce me to it. I haven’t looked back ever since.

3) Chicken Enchilada SoupAtlanta Bread Company
The ubiquitous ABC; they dish out some pretty good and very filling chicken enchilada soup. I think the best part of the soup is the warm roll of bread that accompanies it!

2) Hot and Sour SoupChin Chin
Now I’m talking about the Chin Chin Chinese restaurant 2 miles from my home but hot and sour soup in general has always, always been one of my favorites.

1) Shrimp BisqueSweet Tomatoes
The shrimp bisque at Sweet Tomatoes is to die for, and I mean that literally. I love shrimp and no one makes this soup as good as Sweet Tomatoes. I add the little bacon bits on top and always go back for a second helping.

This winter I spend most of my time in India and may not have a soup-binge. Maybe I’ll come up with a Top 5 list of Indian soups… you never know.