Sunday, May 18, 2008

Gilbert's Cafe

Gilbert's Cafe is a delightful Mediterranean restaurant on 10th Street. It was a perfect place to kick back and enjoy a Saturday night at. From the reddish tone of the décor, to the fusion music and the wide range of tapas on the menu, this café was every bit as pleasing as I’d hoped it would be. I think however, the underscore of Gilbert’s Café is its wide variety of vegetarian entrees, much to the satisfaction of our friends'. We ordered a vegetarian sampler to begin with and it actually had an assortment of 9 different appetizers, not something you find often on a menu!

Gilbert’s Café was a restaurant of many firsts; first time I’ve had a Raspberry Martini and tasted a Virgin Sex on The Beach, first time I’ve sampled the infamous Baba Ganoush and the first time I’ve actually enjoyed the bittersweet taste of Dolma. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for not just style but a belly-full of satisfaction too!

I give this place a big G Star.