Sunday, May 4, 2008

Henri's Bakery

I am very proud of my latest food find - Henri's Bakery and Cafe on Roswell Road. It sits right beside the Trader Joes and every time I'm there, I notice it, but concern for my weight and wallet prevent me from stepping in. Two days ago, I walked in. It turned out to be just as expected, home to the most yummalicious looking confectioneries. They seemed to have every possible tartlet, crepe and pie on display. With a mouth that was really watering and a stomach that was blatantly growling I chose a Belgian Spice Cookie and a Chocolate Ruglah. I didn't know what either was and had to ask for a description. The cookie was like a biscotti and the Ruglah, I learnt is a Russian pastry. Both were great and I can't wait to go back, maybe in three months.

Alongside, is the delectable Chocolate Ruglah.