Thursday, May 1, 2008

Wings - and not much more!

I love chicken wings. The flavor really doesn't matter; hot, lemon, teriyaki, orange, barbecue or cajun, I enjoy them all. There aren't many low-carb pleasures that are as fulfilling as a plate full of spicy wings, celery sticks, blue cheese (yeah it has the Atkins' blessing) and a tall glass of sweet tea. This post has my top 3 pick of places that have the yummiest wings in town.

1) Taqueria - This is a little Mexican restaurant in Alpharetta that we literally stumbled upon on one really hungry afternoon. They have about twenty different types of wings and even make their own blue cheese. The wings are so good you almost have to roll your sleeves up and eat with two hands! It's no wonder we keep going back.


2) North Peking - My girlfriends swear by the wings at North Peking. They make a flavor of chicken wings that I've never seen or eaten anywhere before - Mexican Hot Wings. The wings are slightly breaded and dressed with jalapeno peppers and onions. If you ever want to try Mexican wings at a Chinese restaurant in an American neighborhood, you know where to go!


3) Publix Deli - Yes, the deli at your neighborhood Publix proudly dishes up some very lip-smacking wings. My favorite kind are the Mardi Gras wings. A handy hint; don't go after 8:pm - they're usually all sold out but if you go a little before (during closing time) you'll definitely have an extra wing or two thrown in!


Until I find a few more good places, I shall contend with these.