Friday, October 26, 2007

Django

Django is on Peachtree Street. I’d heard rave reviews from some people so we decide to try it. ‘Django’ is an old gypsy-word and this three-level restaurant definitely had some kind of a gypsy feel to it. The brick walls actually made the place quite cozy. It wasn’t crowded even though we went on a Friday night, that itself should’ve told me that maybe the place isn’t that great after all. The bar seemed to be far more popular than the restaurant as there were people swarming for drinks.


The upper level seemed to have a dance floor, going by the sound of the music and the heavy thudding. The main level is the restaurant and I’m not quite sure what was down below. The service was very good though and so was the Mojito.


On a Friday night, I prefer places that are a little noisier, where you can hear the din of cutlery, places with a happy weekend buzz to them. That’s probably the only reason why I didn’t dig Django too much. It think it has a Zagat rating and is definitely worth trying at least once, I’d say.

No comments: