Friday, October 26, 2007

Vatika

This was a Sunday lunch a few months ago. It’s a small Gujrati restaurant in Marietta that serves vegetarian thalis. I think it’s a popular lunch-hub on weekdays for those working in the Cobb Parkway – Windy Hill area. There were only 5-6 items on the thali. The items were really delicious though and the supply unlimited. The food was very simple, fresh, aromatic and wholesome. The chapattis were being continuously made and served hot. I was a tad bit disappointed because the thali did not include dessert. I was looking forward to some nice kheer or gulab jamun.


I definitely recommend Vatika to all the Gujjus and other vegetarians. I however, kept weighing it against the other Indian restaurants in Atlanta that serve a forty item non-vegetarian smorgasbord at almost the same rate. In comparison, Vatika is expensive. As much as I love Dhoklas, the Minerva mutton curry, at the same price, definately steals the show.


The place was pretty crowded though and if you’re like me and tend to judge restaurants by how crowded they are, then this one will definitely get a thumbs up.

No comments: